The immune system is our natural bulwark against disease throughout our lives.
When young, immunity develops, as it ages it decreases.
Immunity takes its place in Agni (digestive fire) and more particularly reaches the Dosha Kapha. It will therefore be necessary to strengthen this one because of its constitution its digestive fire is lower than Vata or Pitta which has a very strong Agni to it.
According to Ayurveda to strengthen your immunity you need to improve:
- Ahara (diet)
- Vihara (Ayurvedic rituals)
- Acharya (behavior in his life)
- Vichara (correcting thought processes)
Today I will give you some very simple tips to improve Ahara
– Drink lukewarm water as soon as you wake up and this throughout the day. You can drink during your meal (about 100 ml) so as not to dry out your food during the digestion process.
– Use 5 g of organic Turmeric powder or fresh (not always easy to find).
– Consume Organic Black Pepper at the rate of 1/2 tsp per day.
– Drinking an infusion of Organic Basil leaves per day will help the respiratory system.
– Season your dishes with 1 teaspoon of cumin per day, will facilitate the elimination of mucus in the body and relieve the Dosha Kapha.
If you wish to make a Detox cure, useful during a Panchakarma in this case mix:
– Fresh or powdered organic ginger (the latter is preferred for people with Dosha Pitta), at the rate of 1/2 teaspoon per day will help you in the fight of your body against microorganisms.
– Organic Black Pepper and Long Pepper (Pipali) at the rate of 1/2 tsp per day, their antioxidant and anti-viral properties make them a deep ally in the search for good immunity.