Triphala is an herbal complex of 3 fruit which is potent yet gentle.
Triphala has been described in the ancient Ayurvedic text as a Tridoshic Rasayana. References regarding the recipe for this traditional herbal supplement are described in the traditional Indian texts, the Charaka and Susruta Samhita, AshtangaHrudaya and more. It promotes health, immunity and longevity and it is an antioxidant rich herbal formulation.
Triphala is one of the widely prescribed Ayurvedic drugs. It is effective in ailments of all doshas.
- Triphala strengthens and revitalizes GI (gastrointestinal) tract tissues to support the functioning of the entire system.
- Triphala provides a better digestion and regular elimination.
- Reduces high blood pressure.
- Improves liver function.
- Has proven anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
- It contains some anthroquinones that help to stimulate bile flow and peristalsis.
- Reduces serum cholesterol.
- Good for eye diseases.
- Externally useful in wound cleaning as it promotes healing.
- It is effective in Ulcerative colitis and other inflammation of large intestine.
- Improves circulation (potentiates adrenergic function).
- Exerts a marked cardio-protective effect.
- The nutritional aspect is in the form of its high vitamin C content, and the presence of linoleic oil.
- All the important nutrients make it more of a tonic.
- Studies show Triphala posses the ability to induce cytotoxicity (destroying cells) in cancer cells but sparing normal cells.
- Daily administration of Triphala produces a sustained anti-diabetic effect.
- Some of the scientific research has demonstrated that Triphala is an effective blood purifier.
- It shows immunomodulatory properties and helps in improving body’s defense mechanism.
Having these qualities Triphala is widely used in various herbal supplements and Ayurvedic medicines. Because of its high nutritional content, we do not regard Triphala as a mere laxative. Triphala is unique; that it is naturally able to support both maintaining and gaining strength through good nutrition as well as eliminating waste. Triphala is also widely known as an intestinal cleanser that works by gently stimulating the intestinal tract without irritating the bowels which means you can take Triphala long-term without concern.